Rerooting – Preparing the head
An important part of the rerooting process is head preparation: removing the old hair and preparing the scalp for new hair.
Here are the tools I use:
* Hair Scissors and Nail scissors to remove the bulk of the hair then cut down to the lowest possible.
I use the big scissors to scrape the inside of the head to remove plugs afterwards.
* Big tweezers to remove the hair from the inside of the head, little ones to remove lone plugs from the ouside of the head.
* Alcohol for cleaning and washing my hands from glue residue.
* Acetone to remove the scalp paint (cotton pad for large amounts, cotton bud for details)
* Super glue in gel form to fill in big holes in the scalp (it dries after 12h into a flexible but solid state unlike other glues that just go rock hard and snap off)
* Fabric scrap to protect the face during the work.
Not shown: soap and water used twice. big glass of water to wipe hands to remove all chemical residues when handling the doll.