Ethoxylated alcohol degluing part 2

Here’s the problem I ran in to: Depending on the state of the glue there comes a time (4 days for Elisabat who had barely solid yellow glue losing mostly tiny flakes, 6 for Catty who had more stable yellow glue and loses big chunks.) when the head is ready to start floating it all out when you squish or so much as move it but the glue flakes, if not collected every few hours (so say overnight), would break down into tiny particles, so when I pulled out Greyscale Frankie her hair was thick with tiny talc sized glue flecks that she’d been soaking in and regular soap would not get them out.

Here’s a look at how tiny the specks get and that’s Elisabat 5 minutes into fresh floor cleaner with a little squishing!

here’s Elisabat again with glue particules in her hair even though I’ve been careful and tied up her hair under her

So I had to resoak Frankie in the floor cleaner to dislodge the glue dust from her hair, shake, repeat.
Except I’d run out of product so I used a rag to strain the product and it looked like this everytime:

After washing as best I could, I let Frankie air dry and shook all her hair just incase there was any remaining glue in her hair because using a nitcomb would only squish it into the hair fibre (i found that out the first time around LOL). She’s not lost all the glue from inside her head but what remains is stable. Note: Frankie had some mild stickyness a year later.

Another issue is over-rooted partings only held together by the head glue can split open:

Conclusion: This method does take about as much effort as the talc and tap method and it’s longer time-wise BUT you get a more stable head & the hair gets clean at the same time. You will need more than a couple of deep glasses of product per head unless you have a really good straining system.