I use the tool method with a smaller size needle for soft vinyl but the biggest problem with soft vinyl is that it tears open really easy
so here’s what I do to try to avoid it:
- Be super careful when removing the original hair to not tug too hard on the holes (cutting super close to the head then gently scraping from the inside while the head is warm seems to work best)
- Cover any risky looking areas with E6000 or superglue gel by pressing the glue into the holes with a big needle and scraping off the excess (24h drying time)
- Make sure to point the needle so that it’s not sideways to the hole (dollyhair.com has a good photo of this on their reroot page)
- When splits happen, seperate all the hair away from the split: fill with E6000 or superglue, leave to dry then work around it. Often the first line is the one to split so I have to redraw the hairline with a mechanical pencil then root in a new line of hair.
– Photos to be added later –